Full-time Junior & Senior Line Cooks
We value relentless innovation and creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
– Competitive wages ($13-$17)
– Gratuity sharing
– Training and development programs
– Staff dining discount
Our Cooks show inspired quality in all of their work. Their passion for food and cooking is infectious and they have a desire to serve the best every time.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to radius standards
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant. (Junior cooks)
- 3-5 years cooking experience in fast-paced restaurant. (Senior cooks)
- Culinary diploma / Red Seal is an asset.
- Full understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.