January 1, 2021
Thank you to all who supported us in 2020. It was a trying year; to say the least. Looking back though, it was also a year that provided many opportunities; many silver linings. A chance to become closer, and build stronger, more meaningful connections with our Family, Friends, Customers, and Colleagues. We truly were, “all in this together.”
Like many of the tens of thousands of restaurants across Canada, we were hit hard. Sales plummeted, consumers became uncertain on what was safe, allowed, or available. We saw red ink drench the paper our results were printed on; every month. Our sheer existence was in jeopardy. We went through multiple shutdowns, lay-offs, restrictions on seating, as well as limitations on the hours we could operate.
Through all of these trials, and tribulations, though, many positives surfaced. The remaining members of our Team stepped-up, and did whatever it took to keep us moving forward. We listened even harder to the needs, and wants of our Customers, and focused to deliver an even higher level of service, quality, and value than ever before. We learned how to execute, and deliver a premium take-out offering. We successfully opened our love local® Store, and sold more than 500 high-quality Holiday gift baskets; each containing the finest products, locally created by amazing, and dedicated small businesses. We stayed true to our love local® tag line with our ingredients, cocktails, wines, and our determination to still give back to the Community with both financial donations, and meals. We also continued to receive the love, and support from you, our valued Patrons, and for that we are extremely grateful.
In the coming weeks, we have decided to take a pause, and we will be TEMPORARILY closing from February 1st, until the spring. We will be using this time to recharge, work on enhanced areas of Customer value, and prepare for the next chapter of the radius® story. In the meantime, we will be open for business, so please order, as often as you can, and don’t forget to use your gift cards. Our hours of operation, up until January 30th are: Tuesday to Saturday, from 3pm to 8pm.
Finally, we encourage you to find, and cherish your silver linings. Use them to catapult yourself, your loved ones, your career, and your business forward in 2021. By doing so, you will be able to look back, and say, 2020 truly was a turning point, and a defining moment in time.
Happy New Year, and thank you again!
radius® COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
What you can expect from radius®:
· Clean Restaurant – Tables, chairs, menus, and POS payment systems are disinfected after each use, cleaned professionally each night.
· Clean Restrooms – Sanitized every 30 minutes, cleaned professionally each night.
· Physical Distancing – Reconfigured, spaced table layout.
· Healthy Team Members – Use of Ministry of Health’s daily health screening checklist, and temperature checks. If an Employee shows any signs, even slightly of being ill, they are asked to not come into work, and to protect the health, and safety of their Co-Workers, and Guests.
· Protective Equipment – Masks on every Team member, for every position. All staff will now wear masks, and visors, pre-shift, during shift, and post-shift, indoors, and outdoors. During cleaning time, all Employees must continue to wear their masks. Masks must not be pulled down. Exceptions to wearing masks are during breaks, but breaks will be taken alone, in a designated area, not in the servery.
· Frequent Handwashing and Sanitizing – Employees will regularly wash their hands. Hand sanitizers are accessible in all areas, and our Team will frequently sanitize.
· Antivirus Fogging & Added Products – Opening & Closing Manager is responsible to use the antivirus fogger to treat the entire restaurant, including the bar area, and restrooms each morning, and night. Extra antivirus products will now be used, and point of sale systems, and the bar will be cleaned every hour.
What we ask of you, our Customers:
· Plan Ahead – Reservations are preferred and can be booked on radius.ca.
· Check-in Screening & Registration – When Customers enter the restaurant, they must sanitize their hands, answer a few questions, and share contact information with our Host.
· Do Not Congregate – Please do not gather in the lobby, bar, outside restrooms, or at other tables.
· Give Fellow Guests Their Space – Please physical distance at least two metres.
· Wear a Mask – When entering, exiting, using restrooms, or walking anywhere in the restaurant.
· Utilize Mobile Pay – Use tap payment methods when possible.
· Suppliers & Deliveries – All suppliers, and delivery personnel must follow all applicable points above.
Your radius® Leadership Team